I've made a shell script for this purpose :
--- CODE ---
#!/bin/sh

PROJDIR="/home/ivica/devel/webapp/info"
PIDFILE="$PROJDIR/run/info.pid"
SOCKET="$PROJDIR/run/info.socket"
PYTHON="/home/ivica/bin/python"
LIGHTTPD="/home/ivica/lighttpd/sbin/lighttpd"
LIGHTTPD_CONF="/home/ivica/etc/lighttpd.conf"
MAXSPARE=5
MINSPARE=3

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/ivica/lib/"
export PATH="$PATH:/home/ivica/bin"

case "$1" in
    start)
        echo "Starting the infoservice application"
        if [ -f $PIDFILE ]; then
            echo "Info application already started"
            exit
        fi
        $LIGHTTPD -f $LIGHTTPD_CONF
        $PYTHON $PROJDIR/manage.py runfcgi socket=$SOCKET
pidfile=$PIDFILE method=threaded maxspare=$MAXSPARE minspare=$MINSPARE
    ;;
    stop)
        echo "Stoping the infoservice application"
        if [ -f $PIDFILE ]; then
            kill `cat -- $PIDFILE`
            rm -f -- $PIDFILE
        fi

        #kill lighttpd process
        for i in $( pidof lighttpd ); do
            kill -9 $i
        done
    ;;
    restart)
        if [ -f $PIDFILE ]; then
            $0 stop
            $0 start
        else
            $0 start
        fi
    ;;
    status)
    if [ -f $PIDFILE ]; then
        PID=`cat $PIDFILE`
        echo "django apllication is running. (PID: $PID)"
        echo "lighttpd is running. (PID: $( pidof lighttpd ))"
    else
        echo "django application is not running."
        echo "lighttpd is not running."
    fi
    ;;
    *)
        echo "Usage: infoctl [start|stop|restart|status]"
esac
--- END CODE ---