Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 11:24 +0000, DavidA wrote:
> > MySQL requires each constraint to have the same name.
>
> I'm pretty sure you meant to say "different name" there. :-)

Oops. I guess that's what the "preview" button is for.

> The problem should be fixed in r3373 and it only costs two extra
> characters for a duplicated relation (unless you have more than 10 with
> the same potential name, in which case, it'll cost you one more
> character).

But doesn't that patch assume you are generating all constraints at the
same time? If I create one model and run syncdb, then later create
another with the same named FK and run syncdb, won't they still end up
with the same names? Or am I misunderstanding how that process works?