On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 14:22 -0400, Kevin Menard wrote:
> On 8/7/06, Adrian Holovaty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > We don't need a default solution for this. It's not within the scope
> > of this project to tell people how they should organize their settings
> > files. Take that opportunity to showcase your individualism.
>
> With the lack of an endorsed convention, I expect to see this question
> to continue to come up.  IMHO, this is a common enough scenario to
> warrant more than a simple write-off.

Add your favourite ideas to
http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/DosAndDontsForApplicationWriters and
see if they work for other people.

Adrian's point is quite valid. Setting policy is something you do when
there are real benefits to it and few or no other options. In this case,
you have a full Turing-complete language available to do whatever meets
your needs and (important point) is has zero maintenance cost for the
developers (my favourite kind of flexibility).

Malcolm