On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 12:08:25PM -0700, Scott Paul Robertson wrote:
> I'm actually doing LDAP auth with something I wrote myself, which I feel
> is a little more general than the mentioned code (not that I'm
> opinionated or anything). I'll be posting it in a day or so once it's
> cleaned up a bit more. During OSCON I mentioned to Adrian that I'd be
> willing to work on one that would make it into django.

I've finished the code for a backend that works with LDAP. It pulls all
the needed variables from your settings.py file, and covers everything
that I could think of. I don't have an ssl based ldap server to test
with, but I think if you want ssl you only have to have the uri be
ldaps:// instead of ldap://.

I've submitted it as a patch to trac:
http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/2507/

Scathing comments are encouraged.