I've got the following:

class Page(models.Model):
        name = models.CharField(maxlength=64, db_index=True,
unique=True)
        description = models.TextField(blank=True)

class Text(models.Model):
        page = models.ForeignKey(Page, db_index=True,
edit_inline=models.STACKED)
        content = models.TextField(core=True)

When I run "./manage.py syncdb" it creates the tables and everything
works ok, but if I look in MySQL at the table description, the index
isn't listed:

mysql> desc page_text;
+--------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| Field        | Type         | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
+--------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| id           | int(11)      |      | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
| page_id      | int(11)      |      |     | 0       |                |
| content      | longtext     |      |     |         |                |

But if I view the "./manage sqlall page" it lists the CREATE INDEX
statements...

CREATE TABLE `page_text` (
    `id` integer AUTO_INCREMENT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
    `page_id` integer NOT NULL,
    `content` longtext NOT NULL,
);
ALTER TABLE `page_text` ADD CONSTRAINT page_id_refs_id_7038ecc2 FOREIGN
KEY (`page_id`) REFERENCES `page_page` (`id`);
CREATE INDEX page_text_page_id ON `page_text` (`page_id`);

And if I copy and paste those statements it works ok too.  But I'd
expect this to happen via syncdb.

There is a bug so I didn't create a new one but it mentions sqlreset
even though this bug exists for syncdb...
http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/1828

Are there different places the calls are made for syncdb vs. sqlall?  I
can dig into the code to see what the differences might be.

Thanks,
Rob