James Bennett wrote:
> On 8/26/06, Bjørn Stabell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Yes, a lot of things would be better handled at the database level,
>> e.g., inheritance, views, more advanced validation, but it would break
>> database independence.

What would be really useful for django is:

1. Full and native support within the API for calling server side
procedures, including returning sets

2. Support for deferrable keys

3. Support for composite indexes (preferably through a try/except model
versus the select/true model)

I have spent a lot of money working *around* django instead of with it.
Don't get me wrong, we love django and it is great for 75% of everything
out there but highly advanced database applications that require the
other 25% Django maks it a pain in the arse.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/