Hi,

With the select list, I am hoping for some general public opinion on
how to handle this.

If the user does not have change permissions on this, does this mean
they can not see the object in the select list? I'm not sure if that
would be a workable solution.

A proposal: Create an additional "admin" permission called
"view_object" that would handle this case. It would work just as a read
does, the only problem with this is that it might conflict with the
change permission. To handle this, we will just check for one or the
other permission (if the user is changing/editing something, then it is
a change, otherwise it is a view). In the admin interface, this will
probably only be used in the above case.

Any thoughts?

Chris