On Aug 30, 2006, at 11:51 AM, Dan Watson wrote:
> Just wanted to draw some attention to
> http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/2628 - it's a contrib app I've
> written to automatically generate sitemap.xml files for Google. I've
> also written about it here:
> http://theidioteque.net/blog/2006/08/29/google-sitemaps/

Great stuff, Dan!

My only quibble is the recommendation in the docs to call
``ping_google()`` from the ``save()`` method.  I think the idea of
setting off a HTTP request from within a ``save()`` method isn't such
a grand idea; network latency could cause the save to take too long,
or the request could raise an exception causing the object not to get
saved...  I'm not sure about what would be better, but it does rub me
the wrong way.

Regardless, I'd be all for including this in django.contrib... what
do other people think?

Jacob