On 10/17/06, Michael Radziej <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I bet you mean that get_or_create shouldn't lock the table.
> That's really not a good idea.

I meant Django should never implicitly/automatically lock a table; if
you decide you need to lock, you should have to explicitly call
something. I'm ambivalent on whether we should provide a syntax for a
"database independent" lock/unlock, but I think it could be
problematic to design -- for one thing, I'm not sure where it would
fit, and for another I'm not sure how best to implement it (since, for
example Postgres automatically releases the lock on COMMIT or
ROLLBACK, but MySQL requires you to explicitly UNLOCK)

--
"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
  -- George Carlin