It's in settings.py and http.conf.  It is probably easier for me to
give you an example so you can see how it works.

All of my media files are located in "C:\data\projects\web\media".

I copied all of the admin media files from the
"site-packages\Django-0.95-py2.4.egg\django\contrib\admin\media"
directory in my Python installation to
"C:\data\projects\web\media\admin".

In my settings file, I have the following values:

MEDIA_ROOT = 'C:/data/projects/web/media/'
MEDIA_URL = '/media/'
ADMIN_MEDIA_PREFIX = '/media/admin/'

In httpd.conf, I added the following to configure Apache to handle the
media files:

Alias /media "C:/data/projects/web/media"

<Location "/media/">
  SetHandler None
</Location>

<LocationMatch "\.(jpg|gif|png)$">
  SetHandler None
</LocationMatch>

That should do it.  Let me know if you run into any issues.

Sean