Hi all,

I am running django with postgresql on a red hat box, and I was using the IntegerField. This seems to get mapped to the postgresql int4 column type and when my integer got bigger that 2^32 I could no longer update the field.

I could not find any way to make the Integer Field use the int8 type without changing the django db mappings code, so I've had to switch to using a CharField which I think is a bit smelly, and would prefer not to do.

Is there a BigIntegerField or would it be better to use a FloatField, or is there some other way of achieving this that I am missing?

regards
Darren