Ican't figure out if I've got a Django or Apache problem:

My site is running with mod_python and named virtual host on
127.0.0.1:2646 (Apache serves the domain name through 80)

When I leave out the trailing slash, the URL is rewritten from
www.example.com/store to www.example.com:2646/store/. I'm not sure why
it tries to append the port number onto the URL.

I've tried APPEND_SLASH = True and APPEND_SLASH = False in my settings
file, but I either way it appends the port number.

Do I need to change something in Apache? my URL Conf? Any insight is
greatly appreciated.