I made the next testing with last version of Django-Oracle under WinXP
with Oracle 10g2 in a unix Solaris server:
1) I Made a model in Django and created one table (with syncdb). Some
titles in the model.py contains spanish characters (referring in this
case to á, e, Ñ, ñ, etc)
2) I processed many files previously imported (using ftp with bin
option) from unix to Win/XP. The files contain latin-american
characters also (á, é, Ñ, ñ, etc) and can be read using "Word Pad"
without problems.
3) From DOS command window y ran a python program that read the files.
I made the next variants in the attempt to get spanish characters
visible in the Django admin Web page:
    v1: dataOracle = dataFile  (DataFile is a string read from the
files generated in point 2)
    v2: dataOracle =
dataFile.decode('latin1').encode(sys.stdout.encoding)
    v3: dataOracle = dataFile.decode('cp1252').encode('utf-8')
    v4: dataOracle = dataFile.decode('cp850').encode('utf-8')
4) Using Oracle tools from Windows I can see the spanish characters
when I ran v2, v3, v4 but when trying to see from Django admin web
page, only v1 and v2 seems to work however, I must previously change
the encoding in the IE7 browser, from unicode (utf-8)  to Western
European (windows) to see the accentuated spanish characters of the
data read from Oracle. Another paradoxical observation is that when the
IE7 browser is in utf-8 I can see the titles of the columns created by
the model.py with the corresponding spanish accents, but when I change
to Western European these accents are replaced by garbage characters.

What do you think is happening? Is my fault or, a unicode work around
is yet necessary for Oracle interface?
If you need some clarification or additional testing, please let me
know.
Thanks.