On 1/12/07 5:35 PM, David Zhou wrote:
> How about the docs on the Django site and the Django book site?

First, please consider the book somewhat separate from Django itself.  Though
Adrian and I are the authors, and though we're involving the community as much
as possible, the release schedule for the book is independent from any plans
for Django.  That is, we need to take the publisher's needs into account for
the book, but those needs shouldn't -- and won't -- influence whatever we
decide for Django itself.

That said...

> Newforms, for example, is still fairly under documented, though
> quickly improving.

1/22 should see the publication of the book chapter on newforms :)

> 1.0 is a big psychological milestone, and will
> probably draw in a lot of people -- I think it'd be beneficial to
> make sure all the documentation is in place before the big rush :)

Yes, this is a very good point.  I've been considering "documentation" as part
of the "bug fixing" (i.e. stage 2); perhaps it's its own task and should be
added as part of the "finalization" (step 1) stuff.

Yeah, as I think about it, I think docs are important enough they need their
own "leader" as well.  That person could additionally take control of the
documentation index -- which is getting a bit difficult to use -- and the FAQ.

I've added that task to my list.

Jacob