Rob Hudson wrote:
Jacob Kaplan-Moss wrote:
Good point.  Eugene sent me a windows installer a while ago, but I didn't have
a chance to test it out and then I lost track of it....

Let's table this until closer to the release, but if you want to talk to him
and anyone else and start lining things up for a windows installer, we'd love
to have one.

I'm pretty comfortable with the Nullsoft Installer (NSIS: nsis.sf.net).
 If Django decides to use that, I'd be happy to help.

NSIS is my favorite, and it was my first choice. Finally I decided to
use bdist_nsi (http://bdist-nsi.sourceforge.net/) because:

1) It uses NSIS to produce an installer.
2) It is based on distutil => it was super easy to create an installer
for existing Django 0.95 package.

The only non-standard thing I did was to replace bdist_nsi's default art
with Django-related one.

Should we start a separate thread to answer questions like:

* Should we use default Python or something like Portable Python?
* Assume SQLite?
* Install any add-ons (like Markdown or Textile)?

I was pondering these questions myself and decided against bundling ---
IMHO selecting all these packages is a way too intimate process to
automate. But I may be wrong.

Thanks,

Eugene