On 30/01/07, James Bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 1/29/07, Ned Batchelder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >  I don't know that you need to make a release for this fix, but I think you
> > should alert people to it.  There is a mailing list for announcing releases
> > and security issues, right?  You should send a message to that list
> > announcing the patch.
>
> I will once I've backported it. The question in my mind is just
> whether we need 0.95.2 from this.

I'm +1 on this too. I believe backports and point releases should be
made for the following types of bugs:

- security
- availability e.g. crashing bugs
- data integrity e.g. anything that causes data corruption, deletion etc.

They cover off what most software vendors consider critical issues.
Maybe the triage team could add keywords to that effect to tickets?

regards

matthew