On Feb 2, 1:17 pm, "Frankie Robertson"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sorry, I had some trouble understanding your situation. So I'm not
> sure, but isn't this what prefixes are for? I suppose they're a bit
> tedious to use (what with having to inject the id of the child row
> into the clean_data of the parent row and shoving the whole thing into
> a transaction) but not that bad. I've got some somewhat non-trivial
> code involving four interrelated objects being added that isn't really
> open but I could possibly share if you're having problems.

I haven't come across prefixes yet, so I don't know. I guess I'll
check it out.

My situation really is just that I have relationships that point in
the opposite direction than Django expects: they're not going from
child to parent, but parent to child. The is preventing me from
getting a form object that automatically has the fields I want and
saving correctly.

> Or is it to do with the scaffolding and things not appearing in the
> right order?

No, I'm not using the form.as_table(), etc. methods. I'm placing the
fields into my template directly.

> The point in scaffolding is that it was only made to be knocked down.

True, but the more cases that Django can automatically deal with, the
better. I feel like it's almost able to handle what I'm doing, with
the exception of these few relationships, and it's seems like a bit of
a pain to graft on a few things to the scaffolding.

Thanks for the reply. I'll look into prefixes, but they're not in the
docs yet. I'll ask on the user list.

--Justin