On 2/9/07, Rubic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've not been following the newforms admin branch, but I
> wondered if it could be decoupled from reliance upon
> TEMPLATE_STRING_IF_INVALID == ''
>
> It's often useful to have something like 'BADDATA' assigned
> to TEMPLATE_STRING_IF_INVALID during development/testing
> because such text easy to scan unforseen side effects, both visually
> and via a simple text search.

Hi Jeff,

A change like this would be a bit out of the scope of the
newforms-admin branch, but I can see your point. I think the long-term
solution would be to refactor the way TEMPLATE_STRING_IF_INVALID
works, rather than special-case it for the admin site. (How to
refactor it, exactly? I don't know -- it just feels hackish to me.)

Adrian

--
Adrian Holovaty
holovaty.com | djangoproject.com