On 2/10/07, David Abrahams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "Karen Tracey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> writes:
> > The fix for #2348 changes the error from "Unbound local error" to "Type
> error: cannot resolve
> > keyword [whatever] into field".
>
> Illustrating just why the current syntax is hard to give good error
> messages for ;-)

Well it is a big improvement in that it points you to exactly where it runs
into trouble, whereas the unbound local error was a confusing red herring.
(I have no energy at the moment to consider the pros and cons of changing
the syntax here; I was just trying to save anyone the trouble of opening a
ticket for something that had just been fixed.)

Cheers,
Karen