On 2/18/07, SmileyChris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Feb 18, 10:10 pm, "Arnaud Delobelle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > > However - I acknowledge the use case: Two lists, n items long, that
> > > are from independent sources.  I think a separate template tag in the
> > > same vein as {% regroup %}  would be a better approach.
> >
> > > {% zip lista listb as combined %}
> > > {% for a,b in combined %}
>
> I prefer using filters for this sort of thing:
> {% for a,b in lista|zip:listb %}
> {% endfor %}
>
> Regarding the main part of this post (unpacking of lists in a for
> tag), I'm surprised no-one has created a ticket yet!
> Here it is now: http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/3523

I added a simple patch for that... it definitely needs improvement -
!!!! it will break current templates if it remains as is !!!! (a
single loopvar must be handled as a special case - simple change) and
it's not very verbose in it's error messages...

but assuming you treat it nicely, could you test it and verify it's
the thing you wanted? I will the polish the thing up a bit.

thanks

--
Honza Kr�l
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]