Howdy folks,

I just created ticket #3688 [0].  It introduces a change we've been using
internally for a few weeks and I thought might be useful to other users.

Currently ForeignKey references can be to:
* A class defined either in the current models.py or imported (via 'import')
from another models.py file
* A string referring to a class defined further down in the current
models.py file
* 'self'

This creates a problem when trying to create relationships between mutually
referential models in different 'applications' (models.py files).  I
understand that it is generally desirable to utilize loose coupling between
applications, but sometimes design requirements just don't allow it.

This patch allows dotted notation ('app_name.model_name')... the same as
used by Django's "get_model". So, for example: models.ForeignKey('
accounts.User')

This patch maintains backward compatability.

 - Ben

[0] http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/3688