Simon G. wrote:
> #3307 - Add BCC to mail framework.
>       I've renamed this ticket from what it used to be. This originally had
> two issues - one which overlapped with #1541, and the other this BCC
> request. There's a patch here with adds a parameter to send_mass_mail
> to suppress the recipient list (i.e. by BCC'ing them), but Gary
> Wilson's argued that it's more logical to have two parameters:
> recipient_list & bcc_list. So - this just needs a design decision on
> what path to take (if any).

I'd argue that both BCC and Reply-to are common enough that their inclusion in
the e-mail framework would be extremely useful.

Reply-to in particular, since some hosts won't let you send e-mails from
addresses you haven't registered on their servers, but if you're building a
quick and dirty contact form you don't want to have to copy and paste an
address
to your to field to make a reply.

I think bcc is pretty useful too for limited newsletter use. Obviously for big
stuff you'll need to look at your own implementation, but for the little stuff
think we should support it.

Sorry if this e-mail is a little brief, I'm trying to catch up on the last few
weeks of e-mails here with not much time. Let me know if I need to expand on
anything.
--
Lach
Personal: http://illuminosity.net/