Hi,

Django has anonymous sessions, tracked by cookies. The session can not be
accessed from a different machine for the same user, which drastically
reduces the usefulness of sessions. Another approach to save something
persistently for a user it to update the UserProfile model and create a new
row for the same, but this will require altering the corresponding table
every time we realize we have one more thing to save.

I have proposed a solution for this, which I am going to code in couple of
days, but in the meanwhile I would like to hear your feedback.

http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/3776 [little more info, about how I
intend to implement is in the ticket].

--
Amit Upadhyay