I am under 4697 of
http://code.djangoproject.com/svn/django/branches/boulder-oracle-sprint/
Before reporting this message as a ticked, I would like to be sure if
it is my mistake or a bug exists.
Into an x model, I defined next field:
           caracter   = models.CharField('Campo Character',
maxlength=10)
When I attemp to enter next data to this field in the Admin I have
next situations:
      áéíóú = No problem
      áéíóúa = System generates mentioned error (ORA 1406) but
complete data is saved.
      áéíóaa = No problem
      á¿567890 = No problem
      1234567890 = No problem.
      á¿5678901 =  System generates mentioned error (ORA 1406) but
complete data is saved. See related error for this data below.
What I identified is that when using characters such as á, é, ¿, etc.
system seems to use two (2) characters or positions. Although data was
saved, I can not access to any record when browsing with Django. When
inserting/changing using sqlplus command, I have no problems during
commit and during query.
My Oracle variable NLS_LANG=.UTF8 and use Windows XP2.

Part of the data where error occurs is:

                    # or checking the Model here, neither of which is
good.
                    elif isinstance(field, datetime.datetime) and \
                        field.hour == field.minute == field.second ==
field.microsecond == 0:
                        yield field.date()
                    else:
                        yield field
            for unresolved_row in cursor:
                row = list(resolve_cols(unresolved_row))
                if fill_cache:
                    obj, index_end = get_cached_row(self.model, row,
0)
                else:
                    obj = self.model(*row[:index_end])
                for i, k in enumerate(extra_select):
▼ Local vars
Variable Value
cursor <django.db.backends.oracle.base.FormatStylePlaceholderCursor on
<cx_Oracle.Connection to [EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
extra_select []
fill_cache False
full_query 'SELECT "TESTDB_DBTEST"."ID", "TESTDB_DBTEST"."FECHA",
"TESTDB_DBTEST"."CARACTER", "TESTDB_DBTEST"."TEXTO",
"TESTDB_DBTEST"."MONTO"\n FROM "TESTDB_DBTEST" ORDER BY
"TESTDB_DBTEST"."FECHA" ASC'
get_cached_row <function get_cached_row at 0x013D1AB0>
index_end 5
params []
resolve_cols <function resolve_cols at 0x06EA56F0>
select ['"TESTDB_DBTEST"."ID"', '"TESTDB_DBTEST"."FECHA"',
'"TESTDB_DBTEST"."CARACTER"', '"TESTDB_DBTEST"."TEXTO"',
'"TESTDB_DBTEST"."MONTO"']
self Error in formatting:column at array pos 0 fetched with error:
1406
sql ' FROM "TESTDB_DBTEST" ORDER BY "TESTDB_DBTEST"."FECHA" ASC'

Tristan.