On 3/29/07, Ted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Were I work we have had to do this very thing to support I18N in our
> forms. Something as simple as a ":" is not a given. Maybe I want a
> " :" instead? This could be a form parameter or even a locale setting.

FWIW I think the ideal would be for the default string representation
of the form to not add any punctuation at all -- adding options to
configure this just feel too ugly, so the proper solution should be
for the form to not do it, and trust to application developers to
present the form in whatever way they want (if that means no
colon/other punctuation, then the default will still be fine; if not,
the templating isn't all that complicated and provides absolute
control of the output).