On 4/25/07, Simon G. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> There's been a long history of people asking for some way of easily
> using the MEDIA_URL setting in templates. At a quick glance, I get
> #1278, #3818, #2532, and #4105.
>
> These have all been marked wontfix, and I closed this last one to
> match. The reasoning for the wontfix is that this leads to a slippery
> slope of adding everything to the context and it's also quite easy to
> implement this on your own.
>
> However, given the frequency of this request (I've seen it raised a
> few times in django-users too), I figured I'd ask if core's still
> against this, or whether we want to accept one of these.

Given the frequency of this request, I'm OK with adding a context
processor in django/core/context_processors.py that sets a "MEDIA_URL"
variable in the context. I'm also OK with having that be in the
default TEMPLATE_CONTEXT_PROCESSORS. What do other folks think?

Adrian

--
Adrian Holovaty
holovaty.com | djangoproject.com