On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 12:11:29AM +0530, Amit Upadhyay wrote:
>    Hi,
>    Wouldn't it be cool if we can say
>    user.save(email="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"), which will do the
>    equivalent of user.email = "[2] [EMAIL PROTECTED]"; user.save()?

Not really, no. :)

Save is simple; why make it more complex?  Could just as easily add a
utility function that does this.  Yes, would be two func calls- but
personally, I don't see the gain in overloading save to do more then
push the current (keyword there is 'current') state of the instance
into the backend.

Additional thought; it would make disabling/enabling sending of
signals out of save not possible- the update would have to occur prior
to the signal being sent, thus couldn't just wrap the save method on
the fly.

Either way, -1 personally since I just don't see the gain in making
save more complex.

~harring