Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-06-24 at 00:23 +1000, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
>> In [5519] I have committed the Oracle branch changes into trunk.
>
> As usual, there's something I forgot...
>
> I flopped around quite a bit when setting up Oracle server and getting
> my settings right for being able to run the tests. It would be worth
> putting a section about Oracle into docs/databases.txt.
>
> No need to cover everything about setting up the database -- if somebody
> is choosing to use Oracle, we can assume they have the minimum necessary
> skills.

I disagree, and if there is the appropriate place for it, I will provide the
fairly simple process to get Oracle up on a Ubuntu box.

I just did it a few weeks ago, not because I needed to install it in a
production environment (leave that to the people you speak of) but I needed a
test environment in my own 'lab' (or cave) so I could test my app before
handing
it over to the guys with the Oracle box.

Carl K