On Fri, 2007-07-06 at 17:24 +0200, Michael Radziej wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think it's a bit confusing that even with correct settings some tests
> always fail for some backends. If I happen to compile any other software
> package and the test suite fails, I usually suspect something went wrong. In
> addition, failing tests make it hard to verify that everything is alright
> with the package if you do any automated tests, e.g. before deploying a new
> version.
>
> So--what do you think about skipping tests that *must* fail?

We do that in quite a few places if you rummage through the test suite.
Grep for settings.DATABASE, etc. The remaining places are just waiting
for somebody to submit a clean patch, so go for it. It's not completely
trivial for the MySQL transaction case, because you'll need to check the
database options setting as well to ensure they aren't using InnoDB
(which I think Andy mentioned at one point was respected by the tests,
but I haven't checked that recently)

Regards,
Malcolm

http://www.pointy-stick.com/blog/