I just spotted the new "raw save" functionality added in
http://code.djangoproject.com/changeset/5658 . Aside from the fact
that (to my knowledge) this wasn't discussed on the mailing list and
seems to be a large enough addition that should have merited some
discussion (it's a new argument to save(), for crying out loud), the
documentation is a bit less than adequate.

It currently says:

"A raw save saves all the data in your object, but performs no
pre-save processing
on the data in the object."

This begs the question, "Which pre-save processing would happen if I
*don't* use a raw save?" And there's nowhere in the documentation that
provides a definitive list of pre-save processing. It's almost worse
to have this documentation *unfinished* than it would be to leave this
undocumented.

Russell, as this is your feature addition, could you write that up?

Adrian

--
Adrian Holovaty
holovaty.com | djangoproject.com