On 8/1/07, Deryck Hodge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> May I ask a clarifying question here?  Is autoescaping going to be on
> by default, or no?  And what exactly is it that's being added here --
> a template tag for turning on/off autoescaping?

The proposal is:

* Autoescaping is on by default.
* A tag will be provided, which will inherit down into child
templates, to turn it off if you desire (so you could turn off
escaping in your base template, and anything inheriting from it would
also have escaping off).
* Maybe -- in Tom's counter-proposal -- this will only apply in
templates whose filenames end with '.html'.

Personally, I don't like the last bit of that, because there are use
cases where you'd be wanting to use HTML in a template that didn't
come from a file whose extension was '.html'.