I know there are various setups people have for doing this, like Jacob's
snippet:

http://www.djangosnippets.org/snippets/106/

but I was wondering what other developers' thoughts would be on adding
something like this to Django proper.  I'm just thinking that Django
should be able to test itself completely without any outside help.

This sort of thing would also be useful in case we ever wanted to do
some automated gate keeping of the checkins.

Gary