On Aug 21, 3:54 pm, pk11 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> As far as I see we could
>
> 1) add a simple method like this to the db
> api:http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/5101

There are two ways you could implement validation...one at the
database level and the other at the application level. My personal
choice would be validation at the application level(through
newforms...am eagerly awaiting its stabilization and the release of
newforms-admin) because it would be database independent. But for
better data-integrity database level validation would be best. So
managing validation is a trade-off.

> 2) merge the check constraints project to trunk (is it going to
> happen?)

It is only when people start using the project in production
environment and report about the satisfaction (if any) will it be
merged into trunk. I would agree with Malcolm that my project is too
too young to be merged.

I would love if people like you come forward and use the project and
give me feedback.

Cheers
Thejaswi Puthraya