Hi,

I am planning to rewrite the permission system in Django.
Why?
I am currently working a lot with ldap and use the auth_backend to
auth users against the ldap-server.
But working with permissions is somewhat painful, so I am planning to
move the permission stuff to the auth_backend.
I would implement it this way that user-obj.has_perm would remain as
it is, but the has_perm method itself would call the auth_backends
has_perm method like backend.has_perm(user-obj, 'can_vote'). This
would mean that the whole source would remain backwards-compatible
from what I can see...

Is there something I would have to take care of and are you interested
in something like it.

Thx, Florian

P.S.: The only backwards incompatible change to include would be
renaming AUTHENTICATION_BACKENDS to AUTH_BACKENDS (as auth and auth
are different ;) ) [but this is more cosmetic].