Thanks for the responses guys.
Russ what is your feeling about getting multi-db into the repo so that
people can then use it? I'm happy to do the work that I mentioned above in
merging the branch up to date to the point of the backend refactor in trunk,
and after that to start exploring re-factoring the multi-db to leverage some
of the later changes in trunk. But I'd really like to ensure that I can send
the patch to someone and thence get it into the repo. Once we're to that
point maybe we can re-explore the possibilities of me having commit access
to the branch and acting as maintainer. If that's still a no goer, then I
will look at setting up a BZR/SVK/some other public means for people who
have an interest in taking the branch forward.
Cheers,
Ben

--
Regards,