> a new command is registered. If a clash is identified, we can either:
> 1) Raise an error, stopping manage.py
> 2) Raise a warning, and
>   a) adopt the new command
>   b) ignore the new command
> 3) Register the duplicate command with an auto-aliased name - the
> appname.command syntax you proposed is probably a good option here.
>
> Any of these options could be easily accommodated with a slight change
> to line 85-86 of management/__init__.py. Preferences?
I need to override syncdb for my schema-evolution "plug-in".
Maybe some flag in application or in command to allow override?
With warnings+ignoring overridden command by default.
(Or else automatic scripts may stop working correctly - they would not
know about name clash and behave incorrectly, maybe only sometimes,
and it can hurt database, for example.)

--
Best regards, Yuri V. Baburov, ICQ# 99934676, Skype: yuri.baburov,
MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]