Deryck Hodge said the following:
> Another use case to consider:
>
> {{ MEDIA_URL }}{{ photo.get_absolute_url }}
>
> No way to avoid an extra slash if your get_absolute_url begins with a
> slash, which is common.  I'm not passionate about what we recommend,
> but just wanted to remind that MEDIA_URL is not just used for
> get_FOO_url construction or for manually building urls.

That's not really a valid use case though - get_absolute_url should be
returning an absolute URL, not one relative to MEDIA_URL.

If your photo object involves a FileField or ImageField, it will already
be using MEDIA_URL in the get_fieldname_url function, so there'd be no
reason to attach it to MEDIA_URL after the fact.

--
Collin Grady

When you're ready to give up the struggle, who can you surrender to?