On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 08:01:12PM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Doh, it was not mod_wsgi, or localemiddleware, it was the
> set_language_view() that after rev 6177 requires a post request

I see in the Backwards-incompatible changes says:

  The old behaviour meant that state (the locale used to display the site)
  could be changed by a GET request, which is against the HTTP specification's
  recommendations.

I'm no expert of these specifications and would like to better
understand. Firstly I'd appreciate a link to relevant part, secondly,
reading the follow-up in the backward incompatible changes is:

  This means you can no longer use a link to access the view, but must use a
  form submission of some kind (e.g. a button).

Isn't this just making it (a little bit) more difficult to obtain the same
thing? My (admittedly ignorant) point of view was simply that modification of
data should be done via a POST not just the state.

If I implemented traslations with different URLs (mysite/en|it/...) if would
be ok to use GET but not if I use sessions?

sorry if this becomes a little bit OT...

sandro
*:-)