On 10/8/07, Paul Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Something to think about though is providing a way to add
> callbacks to this hook that is independant of settings.py.

Having to modify settings.py doesn't both me here.  It's done for
middleware and context processors, so it seems to fit with the rest of
the project.  Additionally, it allows one to pick from a number of
functions that may be provided in a library-type application.

On 10/8/07, Malcolm Tredinnick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've been thinking this morning, between actual work tasks,
> about an app-cache-populated signal.

I'm +0 on this approach.

>From my perspective, we're trying to provide hooks into two
application states... *before* and *after* the Django runtime
environment is setup.  An app-cache-populated signal would just be a
proxy for the latter.  If we ever add any other dependencies to what
it means for the environment to be ready we'd need to create one more
signal.

Still, I'd rather see this than nothing at all... I'll be interested
to revisit it when Adrian's INSTALLED_APPS replacement plan lands.

 - Ben