On Oct 17, 6:47 pm, "James Bennett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You want to read this thread (first result when searching the group
> archive for "queryset exists"):
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/django-developers/browse_frm/thread/54...

I mentioned that thread at the bottom of my post, because they are
unrelated. That thread discuses .exists as a method of determining if
a QuerySet contains at least one row.

However, I have no idea how I missed the fact that you could query
backwards across relationships. I think a method for specifying EXISTS
clauses may still be useful in some cases, but I'll keep that in my
pocket for a rainy day.