Russell Keith-Magee wrote:
> (sql)reset is broken as currently implemented, and as far as I can
> make out, it can't really be fixed without some major changes.
> However, I'm not convinced it is worth spending the effort to fix the
> problems that exist. The problem (sql)reset is intended to solve would
> be better served by a good schema evolution framework. In the absence
> of an officially adopted schema-evolution approach, there is still a
> place for (sql)reset, even in a limited/partially broken state.

as was somewhat the intent of the question.  :)  i was trying to figure
out of there's an existing style i should model my evolve commands after.

right now i have them split:  "./manage.py sqlevolve" outputs sql.
"./manage.py evolvedb" is interactive, with a view/confirm/apply model.

i'm open to input however.

--
  looking to buy or sell anything?

     try: http://allurstuff.com