On 12/12/2007, Mike Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've been looking at how to better serve my static files for django sites,
> and I'm particularly interested in things like Javascript handling.
>
> For example if we were to look at RoR, they have their include tags which can
> automatically compile javascript into one big file, compressing and
> obfusicating it.

There are a number of good tools to do javascript "compilation" -
check out Dojo's compressor[1] and the way it the dojo packaging
system uses layers which can be combined for different pages[2]. In
our projects we've written tags to help with loading javascript into
specific pages.

Rob :)

[1] http://dojotoolkit.org/docs/shrinksafe
[2]