kevinski said the following:
> That is most definitely the smartest way to do it, however we are
> still stuck on Python 2.3 at my work. I suppose I may need to rely on
> my hack until the powers that be see fit to upgrade to 2.5 or 3.0 or
> whatever.

That changes nothing except the syntax used.

However, with svn, you can inline the login_required right in urls.py;

from django.views.generic import simple
#...
    (r'^foo/$', login_required(simple.direct_to_template), info_dict),

--
Collin Grady

Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable.
                -- The Wizard of Oz