Hi,

I've posted a ticket about http module, but as requested by Simon
Greenhill, I also post the ticket description here (it is probably
subject to discussions ;) ).

--------

I've seen some code in http/__init__.py:get_host function to handle X-
FORWARDED-HOST that could be added by an apache proxy.

Unfortunately, there is no way to determine if proxy is acceded in
https or http, so an issue occures when django wants to build an url
for some Redirect : the url is built using the X-FORWARDED-HOST, but
always assume that the proxy is non-SSL.

I think there could be some solutions to solve this issue :

     * Remove test for X-FORWARDED-HOST in get_host, apache mod_proxy
is designed to rewrite Location headers (used in redirect)
     * If some people want to have X-FORWARDED-HOST handled in
get_host, then add a setting to enable or disable it
     * add a setting like 'HTTPS_PROXY=on' that would work like HTTPS=ON

--
Lauréline Guérin.