On Mar 5, 6:56 pm, Thomas Guettler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> AndrewD schrieb:> I would like to contribute a general Django logging system.
> I have
> > MODPYTHON logging working, & a basic file logging sample. I think most
> > Django users want easy logging out-of-the-box, and it meets the DRY
> > principle.
>
> It would be great if setting up logging would be documented (maybe in
> the wiki of trac).
>
> I had problems with it, because settings.py gets imported several times
> and this leads to
> all messages being logged twice.

The settings file should not be getting imported multiple times in the
same process. You are most likely just getting confused by the fact
that Apache is multiprocess and so each process will do logging when
it is loaded if you are doing it in settings file.

Amend your log output to add the process ID will show quite quickly if
this is the case.

Graham