At the PyCon sprint, I started porting Django to Python 3.0. In the
process, I had to make a number of changes to Python, so this port
currently requires the Python 3.0 subversion head (soon to be released
as 3.0a4).

This port is just a start; it runs the tutorial with the sqlite3
backend, including the admin interface, but probably chokes on larger
applications that use more features.

The patch is designed to not break Django on any earlier Python
versions.

I put up the patch and my notes at

http://wiki.python.org/moin/PortingDjangoTo3k

I would like to know how I should proceed with that; options are

a) split the patch into separate chunks, and contribute them
separately.
b) hand the entire patch over to somebody interested in completing it
c) complete it, then submit it
d) abandon it

I would favor option a), even though this means that the django source
repository would only get a part of a working 3.0 port; I might
continue to work on it over the next months, although I would again
hope that regular Django users take over (which I am not).