> I like the syntactic sugar provided by declarative APIs such as
> ModelForm, but I think it's important to provide a non-declarative
> alternative for people who need to dynamically construct something at
> runtime rather than baking the details in to their source code.

I agree with you Simon. ModelForms really fixed the usage of
form_for_instance and form_for_model still has its place in the world.
In newforms-admin we have _modelform_factory that basically does the
same as form_for_model, but uses a ModelForm. It is used in the admin
application for dynamically creating the form used on the add/change
pages. It looks like that is what you want, but that is newforms-admin
specific. I still feel that form_for_model should just be updated for
a ModelForm and allow those who know how to use it to use it.

Brian Rosner