.archive_index templates get 'latest' ; all the others get
'object_list'

If template_object_name is set to 'foo',

.archive_index templates get 'foo'; all the others get 'foo_list'

.archive_index and .archive_year templates get a 'date_list'; why
don't .archive_month and .archive_day ?

This all came up as I'm trying to build a simple blog with archiving,
so simple that I'd like to do it in a single template if possible.
DRY, right?

  --pj