On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 10:26 AM, Adrian R. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On 14 Mai, 16:18, "Scott Moonen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Adrian, are you displaying all 30,000 entries on the same page?  Or are
> you
> > using some sort of pagination?
>
> No, they aren't on the same page and I'm using pagination (and the
> result can be filtered by different fields), but the problem is as far
> as I understood it, that the view is first processed completely in the
> database before it returns the result-slice. So it takes as long as it
> takes without a LIMIT or WHERE. That's the reason why I try to use raw
> SQL because then the execution of the statement is stopped when the
> LIMIT is reached as far as I'm understanding MySQL;)

Adrian, that's interesting.  Are you using a QuerySetPaginator and not a
Paginator?  The QuerySetPaginator should be smart enough to ensure that only
the given slice is retrieved from the database.

  -- Scott

--
http://scott.andstuff.org/ | http://truthadorned.org/