David Cramer wrote:
> IMO show() and hide() are extremely ugly. And I think .values() is becoming
> ugly with the addition of values_tuple or whatever it's called. I don't see
> a real good reason to clutter the namespace even more than it already is.
> I'd rather have .values(type=dict) or something similar.

Sorry, for some reason I completely skipped over the type switching in
the values() call.  I do agree that it would be better than having
separate methods for each.

I wonder if we would also need to support the people who want to exclude
fields:

Model.objects.values('field1', 'field2', exclude_fields=[...], type=...)

Has a discussion of something like the "type" keyword argument been
brought up before?  The only two threads [1][2] I found about
valuelist() and value_list() don't mention the idea.

Gary

[1]
http://groups.google.com/group/django-developers/browse_frm/thread/22b44f4eafaf956a/
[2]